If you work in an office chances are that you wear the same 7 things over and over again, even though you have closet full of clothes. No, That's just me? Oh..
Nevertheless, we all need a little help when it comes to our wardrobe. This summer I wanted to de-clutter my closet and only keep the things that I actually wear, as I find it a lot easier to chose my outfit if I have less things.. something along the lines: cluttered room - cluttered mind.
Please note that I work in Online-Marketing, so i can wear pretty much anything, as we do not have a strict dressing code at our office. Thank god. Last week I started my de-clutter journey. I created a little rule system when shopping for clothes and these are:
1. Do not buy it if it is "trendy", because you do not want to pay a lot for something that we go "out of fashion" before you can even wear it.
2. Invest in a good trench-coat, because it can upgrade you outfit instantly. White T-shirt, black skinny jeans, kitten heel ballet flats and a beige trench-coat and you are ready to go.
3. Have your go-to jewellery pieces and buy a few key-pieces, for me these are: pearl earnings, a statement necklace and my Kate Spade Watch. Can't go wrong with that.
4. Buy reasonably priced clothes and pair it with more expensive accessories. Like this Kate Spade bag.
5. Buy 1 size bigger, rather than smaller, as there is nothing worse than too tight clothes in the summer.
6. Buy simple dresses and spice it up with a nice statement necklace. Sometimes less is more. Think Audrey Hepburn.
7. Find your signature perfume. You are not fully dressed without a perfume. For me it is the Chloé - Signature Eau de Parfum. Always. Forever.
8. Stripped T-shirt. Striped. Think of a Laid-Back French Girl Style. Yes. Add a red lip and a venti-iced-dairy-free-caramel-latte and you are ready to go :D
Here are a few links to my favourite pieces:
Sometimes you confuse your needs. You don’t need a boyfriend.
You need a black dress, white pearls and red lipstick.
& a drink.
Disclaimer. I do not own any of these images on this blog unless noted. Please follow link for artist/owner.